Please make sure to check each course.
Grade Confirming Period : 2016.12.29(Thur) - 2017.01.05(Thur)
Grade Fixed Period : From 2017.01.06 (Fri)
To confirm your grade, please go to
Sookmyung portal system>Academics>Grades>This semester`s grade
If you have any questions of your grade, please ask the professors during the grade confirming period.
On December 30th of December (Friday), the TESOL office will work from 09:00 am to 13:00 pm.
Please remember the working hour if you have to visit the office on this Friday.
Dear Thesis students,
Please check the below schedule and make sure you do not miss the periods for making changes in Thesis title.
Thesis Title Change Period
1. Period: 26th December, 2016 (Monday) 00:00 - 30th December, 2016 (Wednesday) 12:00
Login to portal system -> Academics (학사)-> Graduation (졸업)-> Thesis Management (논문관리) -> Thesis title change submission document with 3 professors’ signatures (학위논문 제목변경 신청서) -> Submit to 특수대학원 (Jinri Guan #705)
All thesis students should check the title in their portal system during this period. There could be mistakes made with the office when putting the title from the thesis defense evaluation result paper. So, please check if there is any mistakes made in the system. Changes can not be made after this period.
The title in the system is not the title that the student has posted in for the thesis proposal. It will be the title from the thesis defense evaluation result paper written by the professors.
If your thesis title in the system is different from what is on your printed thesis it can not be submitted to the library.
Thesis Submission Period
Regarding submission of your thesis, you can go to the following website for detailed
1. Submission of Printed Thesis: Jan 12(Thur) – Jan 20 (Fri) 17:00
2. Submission Hours
1) online submission: 24 hours
2) Printed submission: Monday-Friday: 9 AM ~ 5 PM, Saturday: 9 AM ~ 1 PM
3. Location for submission thesis and required documents
** Please check both 1) and 2)
1) Location: Library 2nd floor DICA plaza information desk (710-9798, email@example.com)
- submit 4 printed theses
- submit 1) confirmation document and 2) copyright approval document
2) Location: Graduate school office Jinri-guan #705 (710-9083)
- submit a copy of confirmation statement, confirmation document for thesis submission from the library.
4. Procedure for submission
1) Submission electronic copy of thesis online
a. visit http://dcollection.lib.sookmyung.ac.kr (login with your library id&pw)
b. submit an electronic copy of thesis in online
c. Print copyright approval document and confirmation document. Then, submit printed theses with them.
2) Submission printed thesis: Library 2nd floor DICA plaza information desk
a. 4 printed theses (included one copy of printed thesis signed by each member of the thesis committee)
b. a confirmation document
c. a copyright approval document
3) Submission documents to graduate school office (Jinri-guan #705)
a. a confirmation document issued from the library (you can get the document after submitting your printed theses to the library)
b. a copy of approval document from committee members
5. Important notice
1) Please do not miss the period.
2) Please make sure your printed theses title is same as the thesis title in the portal system.
* If you make changes in your thesis title in changes in title period, please make sure your thesis title in printed theses is same as changed thesis title.
3) You are not allowed to revise your thesis once you submit.
**Those who do not submit in both electronic copy of thesis in online and 4 printed theses in the given period will not be eligible to graduate.
If you have any questions, please contact the library at 710-9798 and/or the graduate school office at 710-9083.
*** You have to prepare your thesis by the rule of Graduate School of TESOL ( B5 (4x6), (18.5cm x25.5cm)
Also, you have to write "Department of TESOL (line spacing) The Graduate School (line spacing) Sookmyung Women`s University -> Also, this should be written in your Sookmyung Portal System *please check*"
The submission date which is written outside of the book should be written as "February 2017" and inside of the book, the submission date should be written December 2016" ***
If you have any questions about this FORMAT, please check above OR visit TESOL office to look at alumni`s thesis samples.
2017 Spring semester course schedule is now available.
Please check the below PDF file.
The classrooms might be changed.
Please check the below schedule for thesis and comprehensive exams.
It is important for the students in their last final semester to be aware of the following due dates for thesis or for comprehensive exams.
Sookmyung TESOL MA