Dear Thesis students,
Please check the below schedule and make sure you do not miss the periods for making changes in Thesis title.
Period: 28th December, 2015 (Monday) 00:00 - 6th January, 2016 (Wednesday) 17:00
Login to portal system -> Academics (학사)-> Graduation (졸업)-> Thesis Management (논문관리) -> Thesis title change submission document with 3 professors’ signatures (학위논문 제목변경 신청서) -> Submit to 특수대학원 (Jinri Guan #705)
All thesis students should check the title in their portal system during this period. There could be mistakes made with the office when putting the title from the thesis defense evaluation result paper. So, please check if there is any mistakes made in the system. Changes can not be made after this period.
The title in the system is not the title that the student has posted in for the thesis proposal. It will be the title from the thesis defense evaluation result paper written by the professors.
If your thesis title in the system is different from what is on your printed thesis it can not be submitted to the library.
Regarding submission of your thesis, you can go to the following website for detailed
1. Submission of Printed Thesis: Jan 14(Thur) – Jan 20 (Wed)
2. Submission Hours
1) online submission: 24 hours
2) Printed submission: Monday-Friday: 9 AM ~ 5 PM, Saturday: 9 AM ~ 1 PM
3. Location for submission thesis and required documents
** Please check both 1) and 2)
1) Location: Library 2nd floor DICA plaza information desk (710-9798, email@example.com)
- submit 4 printed theses
- submit 1) confirmation document and 2) copyright approval document
2) Location: Graduate school office Jinri-guan #705 (710-9083)
- submit a copy of confirmation statement, confirmation document for thesis submission from the library.
4. Procedure for submission
1) Submission electronic copy of thesis online
a. visit http://dcollection.lib.sookmyung.ac.kr (login with your library id&pw)
b. submit an electronic copy of thesis in online
c. Print copyright approval document and confirmation document. Then, submit printed theses with them.
2) Submission printed thesis: Library 2nd floor DICA plaza information desk
a. 4 printed theses (included one copy of printed thesis signed by each member of the thesis committee)
b. a confirmation document
c. a copyright approval document
3) Submission documents to graduate school office (Jinri-guan #705)
a. a confirmation document issued from the library (you can get the document after submitting your printed theses to the library)
b. a copy of approval document from committee members
5. Important notice
1) Please do not miss the period. (Thursday, 14th Jan – Wednesday, 20th Jan)
2) Please make sure your printed theses title is same as the thesis title in the portal system.
* If you make changes in your thesis title in changes in title period, please make sure your thesis title in printed theses is same as changed thesis title.
3) You are not allowed to revise your thesis once you submit.
**Those who do not submit in both electronic copy of thesis in online and 4 printed theses in the given period will not be eligible to graduate.
If you have any questions, please contact the library at 710-9798 and/or the graduate school office at 710-9083.
Schedule for the Symposium (Sat., Dec. 19th)
There are three main components to this semester's symposium
Symposium Poster Presentations (3:00-4:30)
Location: Myungshin-building 7th floor
All enrolled students in Fall 2015 semester elective courses need to bring their poster to the symposium and will be assigned to one of three different sessions. Session assignments will be posted on the wall when you come to the symposium.
All students should arrive at least 10 minutes before the symposium starts and check their presentation schedule.
Guest Speakers (4:30-5:30)
Title: The Effect of Online Discussion Board Communication on Korean University EFL Learners’ English Writing Development
Speaker: Bilal Ahamad Quareshi (ED.D. Candidate, Queen's Belfast University)
Location: Myungshin 701
Title: Non-native English-speaking teachers’ anxieties and insecurities: Self-perceptions of their communicative limitations
Speaker: Dr. Lee, Mikyoung (Ph.D in Educational Psychology, University of Munich, Germany)
Location: Myungshin 701
Symposium Dinner (5:30-8:00)
All students who have paid the Student Union for the symposium dinner are eligible to eat with us. Payment must be made in advance. No one showing up on that day without having paid in advance can eat dinner.
Time: After symposium presentation (Around 5:30PM or 6:00PM)
Location: Centennial building 707 (백주년기념관 이삼봉 라운지 707)
Sookmyung TESOL MA