Our first Journal Committee meeting will be on Saturday, April 5th at the Hangpa-building #210. The meeting will start at 11AM, so that we can go to lunch together after. If you're not available at that time or on that day, please let me know - we can get you working on the committee even if you can't attend. But please do try to come..
Attending the first meeting does NOT mean that you must commit 100% to the journal. We just want to talk about what we want to do with the journal, and all ideas are welcome. If nothing else, consider it a nice chance to meet some fellow TESOLers!
One of the great things about the journal is drawing on the strengths that each member can offer. Some of the "jobs" available are:
- Writers; especially for magazine-style articles that can help new students
- Editors; to help make the academic articles clear and understandable
- Copy Editors; to make sure we don't have embarrassing typos
- Organizers; to make sure we publish on time and with no headaches
- Layout Specialists; to make sure that the journal looks the best it can.
You can contact me if you have questions about the meeting this Saturday.
Please also try to convince some of your friends to come out! "Many hands make light work" / "백지장도 맞들면 낫다" !
Sookmyung TESOL MA